My lovely Followers

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Confessions of a shopaholic - Book and Film review

I read the book written by Sophie Kinsella, last week. I loved reading every page of it and how she put the story together. The book has got so many LaughOutLoud moments. Its basically about a girl called Becky Bloomwood who works for a financial magazine and is given a overdraft limit on her VISA card by the bank however money on a card doesn't actually seem like real money. Becky uses shopping to help 'make the world seem better' and doesn't realise how much she spends until she receives her statement showing she owes thousands of pounds to many banks and companies. Becky then tries to stop spending as much money but can't stop herself.

When I saw the trailer for the film. I was immediately put off because they had changed the story line quite a lot (setting the film in New York). But I gave the film a chance and really liked it. I think that Isla Fisher portrayed the character of Becky Bloomwood very well and the film made me laugh equally as much. Even though the book and the film show that too much shopping isn't good for you; its made me want to shop even more LOL!

I would definitely  recommend both of these.


Let me know your thoughts.

Jasmin xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I look forward to hearing from you lovely people

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...